Heat Level: Mild
Category: Casserole - Poultry, Main Dish - Poultry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 bell peper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 box Rustlin' Rob's South of the Border Tortilla Soup Mix
- 1 + 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup Rustlin' Rob's Chile Relleno Salsa
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 oz. crumbled tortilla chips (about 4 cups), divided
- 1 + 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray dish with non-sticking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. add in onions and bell pepper, cook until soft ( about 3 minutes).
- Add in the chicken broth, salsa, cooked chicken, corn, black beans, soup mix, and half of the tortilla chips. Stir. Cover then turn heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes, Stir occasionally, cook until almost all liquid has been absorbed. Add in the cream of chicken soup and stir well.
- Remove from heat, stir in 1 cup of cheese, and pour into a casserole dish. Then cover the top with remaining tortilla chips and remaining cheese.
- Place dish in oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. then garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!
Additional Rustlin' Rob's products
NOTE: A hotter salsa can spice it up a bit!