HEAT LEVEL: MILD
Category: Side Dish - Breads & Rolls, Desserts, Holiday/Seasonal - Thanksgiving - Christmas
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Rustlin’ Rob’s Peach Preserve, plus 1/2 cup for glaze
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups raw zucchini, unpeeled and grated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 +1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and lightly flour 9x5-inch loaf pan. Place oven rack in lower third of oven.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, (or use a hand mixer), beat eggs, oil, sugar, Rustlin’ Rob’s Peach Preserve, and vanilla until thick (approximately 1 minute at medium/high speed).
- Add buttermilk and grated zucchini to mixture and combine.
- Put dry ingredients together in bowl, stir to thoroughly combine. Place dry ingredients on top of wet mixture, folding gently until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 60-80 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.(Loosely cover loaf with foil if browning too quickly towards end of bake time). Cool on rack for 15 minutes, remove from pan. Glaze bread while still warm with remaining ½ cup Rustlin’ Rob’s Peach Preserve.