Category: Dessert Recipe
- 2/3 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 + 1/2 tsp Rustlin' Rob's Mexican Vanilla
- 1 cup berries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with silicone liners or use a nonstick or silicone muffin pan.
- In a large measuring cup, use a fork to vigorously mix together the plant-based milk, flaxseeds, and vinegar. Mix for about one minute, until it appears foamy. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder. baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk mixture. Add the applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla to the well and stir together. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until the dry ingredients are moistened (do not overmix). Fold in the berries.
- Fill each muffin cup three-quarters full and bake for 22 to 26 minutes, or until a knife inserted through the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely, about 20 minutes, then carefully run a knife around the edges of each muffin to remove them from the pan.
ADAPTED FROM: Forks Over Knifes : The Cookbook