Heat Level: Mild
Category: Appetizer - Dips, Snacks
- 1/2 pkg of Rustlin' Rob's Big Bang Bean Seasoning
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) pinto beans, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, do not drain
- tortilla chips (for dipping)
- Heat oil in small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent (5 to 6 minutes). add garlic and cook 45 seconds more. Transfer to slow cooker. Stir in beans, tomatoes, and bean seasoning. Cover and cook on low 6 hours.
- Remove lid and crock from warmer to let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer bean mixture and cooking liquid to food processor or blender and pulse to make coarse paste.
- Pour dip into serving bowl. Serve warm with tortilla chips for dipping.