Heat Level: Mild
Category: Salad- Meatless
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp Rustlin' Rob's Steak Dust Seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1-3oz jar cocktail onions, drained and finely chopped
- In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa, water and a pinch of salt; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Spread the quinoa on a baking sheet; refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the cumin seeds over high heat, shaking the pan, until fragrant, about 2 minutes; transfer to a blender. Add the lime juice and oil and blend. Season with Steak Dust Seasoning.
- Pour the dressing into a bowl and add the black beans, bell pepper, cilantro and cocktail onions. Scrape the quinoa into the bowl, season with salt and pepper and serve.
ADAPTED FROM: Food & Wine