Category: Main Dish - Meatless
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 medium poblano pepper, diced
- Fine sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jar Rustlin' Rob's Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 2 cups freshly grated Monterrey jack or cheddar cheese, divided
- freshly diced cilantro and avocado, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil over medium heat. Add the red onion and poblano pepper. Salt and pepper to taste, and saute for 4-6 minutes, or until the onion is translucent. Add in the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Add in the paprika, cumin, and chili powder. Stir in the spices and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the frozen corn ( no need to thaw), black beans, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, and freshly squeezed lime juice. Turn the heat to low and stir frequently until the corn is thawed (about 4 minutes). Simultaneously cook the tortillas according to the package.
- In a 3 - quart baking dish, spread about 1/2 the jar of Rustlin' Rob's Avocado Tomatillo Salsa all around the bottom.
- Add a slightly heaping of the veggie mixture and about 2 tbsp of the cheese to a cooked tortilla and roll tightly. Place the seam side down in the baking dish, and repeat until the vegging filling, cheese, and tortillas are gone.
- Evenly spread the remaining Salsa over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the Salsa.
- Bake, uncovered for 15-18 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove and serve with avocado, cilantro, sour cream, and additional lime juice, if desired.
ADAPTED FROM: Chelsea's Messy Apron