Heat Level: Mild
Category: Appetizers, Snacks
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- ½ jar Rustlin’ Rob’s Black-eyed Pea Relish, (drained)
- 24 (½ inch thick) diagonally cut baguette slices
- 8 oz. block cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush tops with melted butter. Bake in preheated oven until slices are just beginning to brown at edges, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool to room temperature.
- Mix cream cheese with lemon juice.
- Spread 1 + ½ tsp cream cheese/lemon juice mixture on each crostini.
- Fold tomatoes into relish.
- Top each piece of crostini with tomato and black-eyed pea mixture.
ADAPTED FROM: Southern Living