Heat Level: Mild
Category: Dessert, Snacks
- 2 cups butter (4 sticks), room temperature
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups almonds, finely chopped ( can replace with any nut your prefer )
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 16 oz. jar of Rustlin' Rob's Strawberry Fig Preserves
- Measure out ingredients, including sifting the flour and chopping the almonds (if not chopped already).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, then add sugar and salt until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and nuts. Blend flour slowly into mixture.
- Roll into balls, and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, Flatten slightly and push the center down with thumb.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- As soon as you take them out of the oven, spoon Rustlin' Rob's Strawberry Fig Preserves into the center of each cookie.
ADAPTED FROM: Spoonabilities