Heat Level: Medium
Category: Casseroles - Beef, Main Dish - Beef
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 packet Rustlin' Rob's Mexican Manana Dip Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 6 slices white bread
- 1 + 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink. Drain fat and return to skillet, add Rustlin' Rob's Mexican Manana Dip Mix and water. Simmer for 5 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- Butter both sides of each slice of bread and cut into cubes. Place in a 9×13-inch dish Top with seasoned meat and cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, half-and-half and salt. Stir in drained Rotel tomatoes and pour over meat and cheese. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Bake casserole uncovered for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let Casserole sit for 20 minutes to set up.