Category: Desserts, Snacks
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup Rustlin’ Rob’s Praline Honey Butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- Pecans to garnish
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on low speed until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the sugar and praline honey butter and beat on medium-high speed until creamed and well-combined, about 3 minutes. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the egg, vanilla extract, Beat 3 minutes. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and mix until just combined about 1 minute. Refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours, up to 5 days.
- Do not bake these cookies with dough that has not been properly chilled because they will spread and they won't stay thick and puffy.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat Non-Stick Baking Mat, or parchment paper. Scoop with a small cookie scoop into balls. Place dough on a baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart; I bake 6 or 7 cookies per sheet. Bake for 5 minutes then garnish with pecans. Continue to bake another 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Upon removing trays from oven, if cookies stayed very domed while baking (likely they will if dough was well-chilled) immediately give cookies a firm yet gentle tap or two with the back of a spoon to flatten them. This creates a crackled top appearance. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for about 10 minutes before moving them to a rack to finish cooling.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future when desired.
Additional Rustlin' Rob's products
NOTE: It works best if dough stays chilled white baking if you bake in small batches.
ADAPTED FROM: Chocolate Chip and Chunk Cookies