Heat Level: Mild
Category: Appetizers, Snacks
- 1 package (14 ounce) Rustlin’ Rob’s Venison & Pork German Smoked Sausage, sliced (IN STORE PURCHASE ONLY)
- 32 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 12 ounces Manchego cheese, portioned into bite-sized cubes
- 8-12 fresh Green Adriatic figs, sliced crosswise into rounds.(or any ripe fig)
- Honey, for drizzling (We used Rustlin’ Rob’s Honey Bear)
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and cook sausage, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Trim each rosemary sprig to 3-1/2 inches long. Holding the upper end of each sprig with one hand, use the other to run your fingers down the lower 1-1/2 inches of the sprig and remove the leaves.
- To assemble: Top each grilled sausage slice with a cube of Manchego and a slice of fig. Drizzle honey on top of each fig. Skewer each little stack with a sprig of rosemary and serve immediately.