Heat Level: Mild
Category: Appetizers, Holiday/Seasonal - Game Day
- 3 oz hot-smoked salmon
- ¼ cup whipped cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp Rustlin’ Rob’s Hoppin’ Jalapeno Dip
- 1 + ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- ½ tsp hot sauce
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 2 + ½ tsp chives, chopped (save 1 tsp for topping)
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for rolling the dough
- 8 oz can refrigerated crescent roll dough (8 pieces)
- 4 to 5 medium asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Put the smoked salmon in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the cream cheese, Rustlin’ Rob’s Hoppin’ Jalapeno Dip, lemon zest, dill, hot sauce, paprika and 1+1/2 tsp of the chives. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly dust a clean surface with flour. Unroll the crescent dough and separate into 8 triangles, following the perforations. Cut each triangle in half lengthwise to make 2 thin triangles. Starting at the wide end of a triangle piece, spread about 1 tsp of the smoked salmon mixture toward the tip. Place a piece of asparagus about ¼ inch from the bottom of the dough’s wide end, then roll up towards the tip. Place on the baking sheet with the tip of the roll-up flat on the baking sheet. Repeat with all the dough.
- Lightly whisk the egg with ½ tsp of water. Brush the egg wash over each puff, then sprinkle some of the remaining chives over each. Bake until golden brown, about 15-18 minutes.
ADAPTED FROM: Valerie Bertinelli