Heat Level: Medium
Category: Slow Cooker - Poultry, Main Dish - Poultry
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb. smoked sausage, cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Rustlin’ Rob’s Cajun Seasoning
- 2 tsp Rustlin' Rob's Let's Taco About It Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lb extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1+ ¾ cups long-grain rice
- Parsley, optional
- Combine chicken, sausage, onion, green pepper, celery, tomatoes, garlic, chicken broth, cajun seasoning, hot sauce, thyme, and oregano in a large (5-quart) slow cooker. Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add shrimp and rice; raise heat to high and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.