Heat Level: Mild
Category: Slow Cooker - Poultry, Main Dish - Poultry
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 red , orange and green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large yellow onion , halved and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1+1/2 tbsp. + 1 tsp. Rustlin’ Rob’s Fajita Seasoning, divided
- For serving:
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Sour cream, cilantro, salsa, guacamole, Monterrey jack or cheddar cheese
- Pour half of the canned tomatoes into the bottom of a slow cooker and spread into an even layer. Top with half of the peppers and half of the onions. Sprinkle garlic in. Top with chicken breasts.
- Evenly sprinkle 1+½ tbsp of the Rustlin' Rob's Fajita Seasoning over chicken breasts then flip chicken and sprinkle in remainder. Top with remaining half of the tomatoes, then layer in remaining peppers and onions.
- Cover and cook on HIGH heat 4 hours (or low heat 6 - 8 hours), until chicken has cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Remove chicken, and cut into strips, or shred. Sprinkle Chicken with 1 tsp of Fajita Seasoning
- Add chicken back into slow cooker along with additional fajita seasoning and/or salt to desired taste. Gently toss. Serve warm in warmed tortillas with sour cream and optional guacamole, cheese, and salsa.
NOTE: If you want to cut chicken into strips, cook less time on high or low. Otherwise it may shred; which is also fine.
ADAPTED FROM: Cooking Classy