Category: Desert Recipe, Snacks
- 8oz unsalted butter, melted (plus extra for the pan)
- 2-10oz bag marshmallows
- Heaping 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- 10 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 tsp Rustlin Rob's Mexican Vanilla
- Butter (or coat with non-stick spray) 9x13 cake pan with 2-inch sides.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. It will melt, then foam, then turn clear golden, and finally start to turn brown and smell nutty. Stir frequently, scraping up any bits from the bottom as you do. Don’t take your eyes off the pot while you may be impatient for it to start browning, the period between the time the butter begins to take on color and the point where it burns is often less than a minute.
- Once it's ready stir in Mexican Vanilla.
- As soon as the butter takes on a nutty color, turn the heat off and stir in the marshmallows. The residual heat from the melted butter should be enough to melt them, but if it is not, turn it back on low until the marshmallows are smooth.
- Remove the pot from the stove and stir in the cereal. Quickly spread into prepared pan. Evenly sprinkle the sea salt over the top and pat down.
- Let cool, cut into squares, and enjoy!