Heat Level: HOT
Category: Appetizers, Snacks
- 1 (1 lb.) package ground sausage (Jimmie Dean regular)
- 2 cups baking mix (recommended: Bisquick)
- 4 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese (I like white)
- 2 tbsp Rustlin’ Rob’s Rattlesnake Bite Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients using a stand mixer. The mixture will be very crumbly.
- Form into 1 inch balls, squeezing the mixture so it holds together, and roll between the palms of your hands to form balls.
- Place the balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
NOTE: I like to make extra and freeze in several bags to use later. Mark bag with baking instructions. No need to thaw. Take out of freezer and arrange on baking sheet. By the time the oven preheats, the balls are ready to bake.