Heat Level: Mild
Category: Dessert Recipe
- One 16.3-ounce tube refrigerated flaky biscuit dough
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar ( or turbinado)
- 1 cup Rustlin' Rob's Strawberry Rhubarb Preserves
- 6 cups quartered strawberries (from about 3 pint containers)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp Rustlin' Rob's Mexican Vanilla
- 3 tbsp powered sugar
- 1/2 cup Rustlin' Rob's Bourbon Pecans, rough chop, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Separate the biscuits and arrange in a 9-inch round cake pan in an even layer. Sprinkle the biscuit tops with the demerara sugar. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool completely in the pan.
- Put the preserves in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted, about 1 minute. Add the strawberries and toss to evenly coat in the preserves.
- Pour the heavy cream into a chilled large mixing bowl. Whip until soft peaks form. Add the powdered sugar. Whip to medium peaks.
- Remove the biscuit cake from the pan and slice in half horizontally with a serrated knife, being careful to keep the biscuits together. Pour 5 cups of the glazed strawberries onto the bottom biscuit half. Top with the other biscuit half. Dollop the whipped cream onto the biscuit and top the center with the remaining cup of glazed strawberries. Sprinkle with bourbon pecans before serving.
Additional Rustlin' Rob's products
ADAPTED FROM: The Kitchen