Heat Level: Mild
Category: Sandwiches, Main Dishes - Meatless
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper hummus
- 1 ripe avocado, pit removed
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Rustlin’ Rob’s Spicy Chipotle Garnishing Squeeze
- olive oil or butter
- Spread the bread slices evenly with roasted red pepper hummus. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine avocado and feta cheese. Mash with a fork. Add the lemon juice, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the avocado feta mixture over the red pepper hummus on two slices of the bread. Place other pieces of bread on top to form a sandwich.
- Lightly spread a thin layer of the spicy chipotle squeeze on each sandwich.
- Brush the outside pieces of bread with olive oil or butter and place on a hot grill or hot pan. Grill each side until toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately. Note -you can serve the sandwich cold, without grilling it. It is just as tasty!
ADAPTED FROM: Two Peas & their Pod