Heat Level: Mild
Category: Salad, Main Dish - Meatless
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ onion, minced
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 - 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded, minced
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 2 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Rustlin’ Rob’s Hatch Chili Ranch Dressing
- Red leaf lettuce leaves
- Tortilla chips
- Cook rice according to package directions, cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, toss rice with beans, corn, red pepper, onions, cilantro and jalapeno peppers.
- Peel, seed and cut one of the avocados into chunks, add to blender with garlic, yogurt, cumin, salt, pepper and ½ cup Rustlin’ Rob’s Hatch Chili Ranch Dressing.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down sides once.
- Toss with rice mixture, chill.
- Just before serving, peel, seed and cut remaining avocado into ¾ inch pieces. Gently toss with salad.
- Serve on lettuce leaves with tortilla chips.