Category: Dessert Recipes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, separated, room temperature
- 2 tsp red paste food coloring
- 1 tsp Rustlin' Rob's Mexican Vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract, optional
- 1 tbsp baking cocoa
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in egg yolk, Mexican Vanilla, food coloring and, if desired, extract. In another bowl, whisk flour and cocoa; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. In a small bowl, mix egg white and water; brush over cookies. Decorate as desired with sprinkles. Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Cool on pans for 2 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Additional Rustlin' Rob's products
NOTE: Freeze option: Place dough in a freezer container; freeze. To use, thaw dough in the refrigerator overnight or until it's soft enough to press. Prepare and bake cookies as directed.
ADAPTED FROM: Taste of Home