Heat Level: Mild
Category: Dessert Recipes, Snack Recipes
- Cream Cheese Layer
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour, fluffed, spooned & leveled
- Raspberry Swirl
- ¼ cup Rustlin’ Rob’s Raspberry Plum Butter
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Cream Cheese Layer 1. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and no lumps remain. 2. Beat in the egg and vanilla, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. 3. Set aside.
- Blondies 1. Line a 9X9 inch pan with parchment paper, and grease with spray oil. 2. Pre-heat oven to 350°F. 3. Melt the butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally. 4. Allow the butter to simmer gently for 5 or so minutes to brown it. Keep an eye on the butter, as it can go from golden to burned very quickly. As the butter browns, stir frequently, and you will see small brown bits coming off the bottom of the pan. 5. Pour the browned butter into a large bowl and add the sugar, mixing completely. Allow it to sit 5 minutes, and no longer, to cool, before stirring in the egg and vanilla. 6. Stir in the flour until completely combined.
- Raspeberry Swirl 1. Heat the raspberry plum butter in the microwave for 10 seconds, then stir until smooth. 2. Assembly: Spread ⅔ of the blondie batter over the bottom of the prepared pan. 3. Add dollops of the cream cheese mixture randomly over the blondie base. 4. Add teaspoons of the raspberry plum butter randomly over the blondie base. 5. Spread (as best as you can) remaining blondie over the cream cheese and raspberry plum butter. 6. Take a regular butter knife and spray oil on one end. 7. Gently run the knife along the length of the pan to swirl the mixture. 8. Bake for 20-25 minutes until center is set (it shouldn't jiggle). 9. Allow to cool completely in the pan before cutting into bars.
ADAPTED FROM: Sweet Peas and Saffron