Heat Level: Mild
Category: Main Dish - Poultry
- 3 tbsp butter, + 2 tsp melted
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth, + 1 tablespoon
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp Rustlin' Rob's Steak Dust Seasoning
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and chopped ( or use a ready made rotisserie chicken)
- 1/8 tsp celery seed
- 1- 8oz can crescent roll
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 8 spots of a muffin tin very well.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet. When it is hot, add the dried onions and let them cook for a minute or so. Add the flour and whisk together for 1 minute.
- Slowly (don't go too fast) whisk in the chicken broth and milk. Whisk out all the lumps.
- Add Steak Dust seasoning and celery seed.
- Stir in the peas, carrots, and chicken. Turn off the heat.
- Unroll the crescent dough. Use your fingers to quickly seal together the triangular cuts. Then cut the dough into 16 rectangles (see photos). A pizza cutter works well.
- Place one rectangle into a muffin tin. Top with 1/8 of the chicken mixture. Top with another rectangle, using your fingers to seal it together if you can, but don't stress about it too much. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Poke a knife in the top to vent the pies.
- Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes. You want the tops to be good and brown so that you know the bottom is cooked.
- Brush with melted butter if you want. Serve immediately and enjoy!
NOTE: If the mixture doesn't seem very creamy, add more broth 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach a consistency you like.
ADAPTED FROM: The Food Charlatan