Heat Level: Mild
Category: Snack Recipe, Appetizer Recipe
- Raw pizza dough
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Rustlin' Rob's Raspberry Honey Mustard
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Whisk your egg in a small bowl and have it ready for pretzel bites.
- Bring the 5 cups of water to a boil in a small roasting pan over high heat and carefully add the baking soda. It will boil over, so add very slowly.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place on a flat surface. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces, about 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 ounces each. Roll each piece into a long rope measuring 22 inches and shape. Cut the dough into one inch pieces to make the pretzel bites. Boil the pretzel bites in the water solution in batches. We did about 15 bites at a time. Boil for about 30 seconds. Remove with a large slotted spoon. Place pretzel bites on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Make sure they are not touching. Brush the tops with the egg wash and season liberally with the salt. Place into the oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes until golden brown.
- Pour Rustlin' Rob's Raspberry Honey Mustard in a small bowl and dip away!
ADAPTED FROM: Two Peas & Their Pod