Heat Level: Hot
Category: Main Dish - Meatless
- 16 oz whole wheat pasta
- 3/4 white onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 + 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for4-6 hours or overnight, then drained
- 2 + 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1 + 1/4 chili powder
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 (4 oz) cans diced chilies (one can into the sauce, one can into the finished mac n cheese)
- 2 tbsp Rustlin' Rob's Rattlesnake Bite
- Optional: fresh cilantro for topping
- Boil pasta according to package instructions.
- In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, sauté onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, stir and cook until soft and fragrant – about 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Add onions and garlic to blender with remaining ingredients, adding only 1 can of green chilies.
- Blend for up to a minute, scraping down sides as necessary, until smooth and creamy.
- Drain the pasta, set aside, and cover (with a towel). To the same pot you boiled the pasta in, add the cashew cheese and cook on low stirring frequently until slightly thickened.
- Add the pasta to the cheese, along with the remaining can of green chilies, and stir.
- Serve immediately, topped with cilantro.
Additional Rustlin' Rob's products
ADAPTED FROM: Isa Chandra