Heat Level: Mild
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pkg Rustlin’ Rob’s Wassail Mix
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 & 1/2 cups Pears, sliced, peeled, and chopped
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter an 8” cake pan and line with a circle of parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream butter, oil, eggs, and sugar with a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in Rustlin’ Rob’s Wassail Mix, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined.
- Fold in pear slices.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Top with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until cake is lightly brown on top and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cook cake for 15 minutes before sprinkling with powdered sugar and slicing into triangles.
ADAPTED FROM: Raven's Original