Category: Appetizers, Snacks
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 & 3/4 cups All Purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 10oz jar Rustlin' Rob's Muscadine Grape Jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with foil, leaving a 1-inch overhang. Spray the foil lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the peanut butter, sugar, and butter until smooth. Add the egg, beat until well blended. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir with a whisk. Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture. Stir just until blended.
- Press 2/3 of the batter into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread the jelly evenly over the batter. Crumble the remaining batter evenly over the jelly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until bars are golden brown on top. Allow the bars to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Lift the bars out of the pan by the foil overhang. Cut into squares.
NOTE: Bars can be made 3 days in advance. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
ADAPTED FROM: Martha Stewart