Heat Level: Mild
Category: Desserts, Snacks
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 jar Rustlin' Rob's Peach Preserves
- 12 unbaked 3 inch pastry shells
- toasted slivered or sliced almonds
- To toast nuts: Place almonds in a dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking the pan until nuts are lightly browned then set aside for later.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place pastry shells on a sheet pan.
- Combine eggs, sour cream. vanilla and almond extracts, and sugar. Blend well, then fold in preserves. Spoon mixture into pastry shells and sprinkle the tops with almonds.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until the mixture is set. Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.
ADAPTED FROM: Smucker's