Heat Level: Mild
Category: Breakfast, Snack
- 4 large oranges
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp Rustlin' Rob's Pure Mexican Vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 cups unbleached flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tins.
- Remove zest from oranges and set aside. Trim off and discard the pith and white membrane. Cut oranges into small chunks, saving juice, zest, and oranges together. Make sure to remove seeds, it should make 2 cups. Set aside.
- Lightly whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add sugar, butter, vanilla, and sour cream and stir well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in another bowl and stir to blend. Stir in walnuts.
- Fill the muffin tins two thirds full. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean when you inserted into the center of the muffin.