Heat Level: Mild
Category: Appetizer, Snacks, Holiday/Seasonal - New Years
- 2 tbsps. unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup fresh grated old Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 15 to 20 Rustlin’Rob’s Garlic Stuffed Olives
- Preheat an oven to 400° and grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drain and dry olives well.
- In a medium bowl, using a fork, combine the cheese, butter, flour, and cayenne.
- Stir in the egg until well combined.
- Flatten about a tablespoon of dough on the palm of your hand and enclose each olive with the dough, and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese balls turn golden brown. Serve warm. Makes 15 to 20 appetizers.
ADAPTED FROM: Lisa Turner