Heat Level: Mild
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 cups Rustlin' Rob's Whole Grain Cornmeal
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 + 1/4 or 1 + 1/2 cups milk (enough to make batter thick)
- Stir corn meal, salt and milk into the beaten egg.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto a well greased hot griddle and fry to a golden brown on each side. Stir batter occasionally to keep well mixed.
- Serve hot with butter. Makes 12 Johnny cakes.
NOTE: Options: Add a little heat with a tbsp of Rustlin' Rob's Rattlesnake Bite. Also, try it with Rustlin' Rob's Peach Preserves on the cakes for a sweet surprise!