Heat Level: Mild
Category: Side Dish
- 1 medium cabbage (about 2 pounds), outer leaves removed
- 1 small bag of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Rustlin' Rob's German Stone Ground Mustard
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Quarter the cabbage through the core, and then cut out the core. Cut each quarter crosswise in half and place in food processor, pulse till its finely shredded or to what you like. Place the shredded cabbage in a very large bowl. Add the shredded carrot and parsley to the cabbage and toss to mix.
- In a separate bowl, stir the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, celery seeds, salt, and pepper together. Taste for acidity and seasoning then adjust as desired. Pour two-thirds of the dressing over the cabbage and carrot then mix well.
- If the coleslaw seems dry, add a little more of the dressing. Eat right away or let it sit in the refrigerator for about an hour to let the flavors mingle and the cabbage to soften.
ADAPTED FROM: Inspired Taste