Heat Level: Mild
Category: Slow Cooker - Beef, Soups, Stews, & Chili
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 + 1/2 lbs lean boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1 inch pieces, divided
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with peppers and onions, undrained
- 6 oz fresh green beans, trimmed and broken into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp ground all spice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Rustlin' Rob's Cinnamon Honey Butter, melted
- Hot cooked couscous or rice (optional)
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of beef pieces and cook, stirring frequently, until browned on all sides. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add an additional 2 tsp oil and repeat with remaining beef.
- Tip and cut green beans into 1-inch pieces. Stir in tomatoes with juice, green beans, onion, allspice, garlic powder, and melt honey butter in the microwave for 15 seconds then pour into mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Stir in salt, pepper and remaining 2 tsp oil and let stand uncovered for 15 minutes to allow flavors to absorb and thicken slightly. Serve as is or over couscous if desired.
ADAPTED FROM: Slow Cooker Bible