Heat Level: Mild
- 4 large egg whites , room tempature
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp Rustlin' Rob's Mexican Vanilla
- Remove eggs from the refrigerator and separate. Allow egg whites to reach room temp for best whipping.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour egg whites into a bowl.
- Whip the egg white until they are glossy and smooth, then add vanilla, and cream of tartar to help the egg white hold their form.
- Slowly add the sugar to the egg whites, about 1 tbsp at a time, beating after each addition, until the sugar is incorporated. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue on top of a pie of your choice, then place 4 inches under the heat and bake for about 10 minutes, until meringue golden.
ADAPTED FROM: Add a Pinch