Heat Level: Mild
Category: Casseroles - Poultry, Main Dish - Poultry
- 2 lbs. chicken breast, cubed
- 8 potatoes, cubed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp. Rustlin' Rob's Fajita Seasoning
- 3 tbsp. hot sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup green onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix olive oil, Rustlin' Rob's Fajita Seasoning, and hot sauce.
- Add potatoes to bowl and allow them to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Using a strainer and another bowl, drain the potatoes. Collect all remaining sauce in one bowl and set aside.
- Spray 13x9 dish with cooking spray. Spread potatoes evenly in baking dish and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Fry bacon and remove from bacon grease to drain. Using the bacon grease, brown the chicken cubes and add them to the remaining sauce. Coat the chicken cubes evenly in the sauce.
- Once potatoes are done, spread the chicken on top. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Crumble the bacon, grate the cheese, and chop the green onions. Layer the cheese, bacon, and half of the green onions and bake for 3-5 minutes more, until the cheese is melted.
- Add fresh green onions before serving.
ADAPTED FROM: Genius Kitchen