Heat Level: Mild
Category: Side Dish - Pasta/Rice, Main Dish - Meatless
- 1+1/2 Cups Dry Orzo Pasta
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced or pressed
- 3+1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Zest from ½ Lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 1+½ Cups Peas (frozen)
- 1 Tbsp. Rustlin’ Rob’s Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ Cup Minced Parsley
- Salt to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and pasta.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until toasted, about 30-60 seconds.
- Add garlic, broth and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, cover the skillet with a lid and turn down to a simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the pasta has absorbed most of the broth and is tender.
- Remove the lid and add the lemon zest, juice, and peas and stir until the peas are bright and cooked.
- Add the Lemon Pepper Seasoning, parmesan cheese and parsley, salt to taste, stir and serve immediately.