Heat Level: Medium
Category: Appetizer - Dip, Snacks, Holiday/Seasonal
- Layer 1
- 1-15 oz can refried black beans
- Layer 2
- 1 pkg(2 cups) Rustlin’ Rob’s Jalapeno Cheddar Dip, made as directed
- Layer 3
- 3 lg (2 cups) avocados, mashed smooth
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup mild pico de gallo, drained
- Layer 4
- 1-16oz jar mild salsa (we used Rustlin' Rob's Chile Relleno Salsa)
- Layer 5
- 1 lb taco meat, made ahead (we used Rustlin' Rob's Taco Taco Seasoning)
- 1-4 oz can green chilies, diced
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- Layer 6
- 2 cups white cheddar, shredded
- Layer 7
- 1 poblano pepper, diced (optional)
- 2 scallions,sliced fine (optional)
- 1 small tomato, diced (optional)
- Cook ground beef according to Taco Taco Seasoning directions adding in the green chilies and onions as you are cooking. Reserve for layering.
- Mash your avocados and lime juice until texture is smooth, add in your pico de gallo and mix well. Reserve for layering.
- Spread refried beans on the bottom of a 9 x 13 serving dish.
- Follow with layers of Jalapeno Cheddar dip, guacamole, salsa, and taco meat. Taco meat needs to be completely cooled before topping.
- At this point if you are preparing your dish a day ahead you will need to cover and refrigerate.
- When you are ready to serve, top with the lettuce, cheese, poblanos, and scallion.
- Serve with corn chips or your favorite tortilla chips.