Heat Level: Mild
Category: Main Dish - Beef, Soup, Stews & Chili
- ½ lbs. ground beef (sirloin or round)
- ¼ lbs. ground sausage
- ½ cup diced onion, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. coarse sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. Rustlin’ Rob’s All Around Seasoning , divided
- 1 slice white bread (crusts removed), cubed
- 3 Tbs. milk
- 8 cups beef or chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans white beans , drained
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 3 cups kale, or more to taste, washed and chopped
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine beef, sausage, ¼ cup onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and ½ tsp. Rustlin’ Rob’s All Around Seasoning in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, moisten the bread with the milk and then add to the meat mixture. Make small (about 1-inch) meatballs and place them in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs about 20 minutes, until firm and lightly browned. Drain excess grease from meatballs and pan.
- Combine the broth, remaining onion, white beans, diced carrot and remaining 1 ½ tsp. of Rustlin’ Rob’s All Around Seasoning in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, and add meatballs and chopped kale. Reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes, until vegetables are cooked through.