Heat Level: Medium
Category: Appetizers, Snacks
- 12 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds and membranes removed
- 12 slices bacon – (thin bacon cooks faster)
- Rustlin’ Rob’s Texas Wildfire Dip Mix
- 2 (8 oz.) blocks cream cheese
- 1 jar spreadable cheddar cheese
- ½ lb cooked lean brisket
- 1 Bottle Rustlin’ Rob’s Texas Wild BBQ Sauce (Medium)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Put a cooling rack on top of baking sheet.
- Mix cream cheese and Cheddar cheese with Rustlin’ Rob’s Wildfire Dip Mix in a bowl until evenly blended. Fill one side of each jalapeno half with the dip mixture.
- Fill other side with pieces of sliced brisket.
- Put halves back together and wrap each stuffed pepper with a slice of bacon. (Use toothpicks to hold the poppers together. Arrange bacon-wrapped peppers on the prepared baking sheet/cooling rack.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bacon is crispy, about 18 minutes each side
- Brush both sides with Rustlin’ Rob’s Texas Wild BBQ Sauce.
- Broil each side 2-3 minutes until bacon is crispy.
NOTE: Rustlin’ Rob’s Suggestions: These poppers are amazing, and have a real kick of heat and flavor. For milder flavor use any other Rustlin’ Rob’s Dip Mix. (Jalapeno Cheddar Dip Mix is great and not very hot. The spreadable cheddar helps tone down the heat.)