Heat Level: Medium
Category: Bread & Roll Recipe, Side Dish Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup Rustlin' Rob's Yellow Cornmeal
- 1/2 cup spelt flour, or gluten-free brown rice flour for a gluten free muffin
- 2 tsp. baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil, and a little extra for greasing your muffin pan
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk (almond, rice, or coconut)
- 1 cup organic corn kernels, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped (optional)
- Grease muffin pan with coconut oil. Mix dry ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients together. Combine dry and wet ingredients, and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 min.
NOTE: You may also leave out the jalapeno, for a less spicy version.
ADAPTED FROM: Hallelujah Acres