Heat Level: Medium
Category: Main Dish - Poultry
- 3 jalapeño chiles, stemmed and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (2-inch) piece of peeled fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, plus small sprigs for garnish
- 2 tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- ¾ cup Rustlin’ Rob’s Roasted Shallot Truffle Oil , divided
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3 + ½ lbs skin-on, bone-in chicken pieces
- 2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
- Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
- In a food processor, puree the chiles with the garlic, ginger, cilantro, vinegar, shallot, paprika, and 1/2 cup of the shallot truffle oil until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve 1/2 cup of the chile mixture.
- In a large bowl, rub the chicken pieces all over with the remaining mixture and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450° with the racks set in the upper and lower thirds. Set a wire rack over a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Transfer the chicken to the prepared baking sheet; discard the mixture. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the shallot truffle oil.
- On another rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes with the remaining 2 tablespoons of shallot truffle oil and season with salt and pepper; arrange in a single layer.
- Roast the chicken on the upper rack of the oven for 20 minutes. Add the potatoes to the bottom rack and roast the chicken and potatoes for 20 to 25 minutes longer, until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are golden.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
- Serve with the potatoes, lemon wedges, if desired, and the reserved chile mixture for dipping.