Heat Level: Mild
Category: Breakfast, Snacks, Valentine's Day
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1 jar Rustlin’ Rob’s Raspberry Preserves
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp milk
- Decorating Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll both pie crusts and square the edges of each. Cut each crust into four rectangles. Place 1 teaspoon of Raspberry Preserves in the center of a rectangle and top with another piece of crust. Crimp edges to seal. Combine dough scraps and roll them out, again squaring edges to form more rectangles. Repeat until all of the pie crust is used.
- Bake pop tarts 7 to 8 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Allow the pop tarts to cool for 5 minutes. Meanwhile prepare glaze by adding milk to the sugar, 1 teaspoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Pour glaze over the pop tarts and sprinkle with decorating sugar. Serve warm.
- Leftover pop tarts can be stored in an airtight container. To serve warm, heat in the microwave, or flat in a toaster oven. (Placing in an upright toaster oven is not recommended.)