Heat Level: Medium
Category: Pasta/Rice, Salad
- 4oz pasta
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup spinach, packed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1/2 tsp Rustlin' Rob's All Around Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Make the sauce while the pasta cooks.
- Peel the avocado, discard the pit and transfer the flesh to a blender. Add spinach, pine nuts, lemon juice, and All Around seasoning.
- Pulse until you have a smooth, very thick sauce.
- Drain the pasta and keep 1 cup of pasta water. You may not need this much, but better safe than sorry. Return the pasta to the pan.
- Add some of the pasta water to your blender and pulse again until your sauce has reached its desired thickness.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and mix. You may need more water. It all depends on your personal preference.
- Add Parmesan cheese if you prefer, and mix, allow to melt, and check sauce for thickness again.
- Divide pasta over 2 bowls or plates. Sprinkle with a few Spinach leaves cut to julienne and Parmesan cheese (if you prefer).
NOTE: If you don’t have a blender, you can use an immersion blender as well.
ADAPTED FROM: Gourmet Food Blog