Heat Level: Mild
Category: Dessert Recipes, Snack Recipes
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Rustlin' Rob's Sorghum Syrup
- 2 + 1/2 cups all -purpose flour
- 1 + 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup hot water
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9-inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat the egg and mix in the sorghum.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Blend into the creamed mixture. Stir in the hot water. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan before serving.
ADAPTED FROM: Allrecipes