Heat Level: Mild
Category: Side Dish - Vegetables
- 1 lb brussels sprouts (rinsed and thoroughly dried)
- 3-4 tbsp. avocado, refined coconut, or olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- Rustlin' Rob's Sriracha Horseradish Garnishing Sauce
- Fresh herbs (cilantro, parsley, scallions)
- Preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat and cut any larger brussels sprouts in half.
- Add to a mixing bowl and toss with a generous amount of oil and season generously with salt.
- Once the pan is hot, add a bit more oil to the pan and only as many brussels sprouts as will fit without crowding the pan.
- Cover and cook for 1 minute, then use tongs to toss and turn over halved brussels sprouts to cook both sides evenly. Cover one more and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Shake the pan once more to toss the sprouts and then cover for another 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and immediately add back to the (empty) mixing bowl. Top with minced garlic and season again with salt. Continue cooking any remaining batches until all sprouts are sauteed.
- Sprinkle with herbs of choice, and serve with Rustlin' Rob's Sriracha Horseradish sauce on the side.
ADAPTED FROM: The Minimalist Baker