Heat Level: Mild
Category: Slow Cooker - Poultry, Main Dish - Poultry
- 1 whole chicken (about 4-5 lbs.)
- 4 tbsp. Rustlin’ Rob’s Pig Squeal Seasoning
- (aluminum foil, or thickly-sliced onions or vegetables)
- Rinse the chicken thoroughly and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Rub the seasoning all over chicken — on the outside skin, the inside cavity, and (if you’re feeling brave) on chicken breasts underneath the skin.
- Roll up a few small balls of aluminum foil to cover the bottom of the slow cooker (or thickly slice some onions, and/or veggies) place them on the bottom of your slow cooker bowl to serve as a “rack” for the chicken, so that it doesn’t have to cook in the juices that will accumulate in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the chicken on top of the aluminum foil (or veggies), pressing it down a bit if need be for the lid to fit.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the slow cooker (it may be so tender that it falls apart), discard the bones, and serve the chicken as desired.