Heat Level: Mild
Category: Desserts, Snacks
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed (half of 17 ¼ oz. package)
- ½ cup sugar or more if needed
- ½ cup Rustlin’ Rob’s Apricot Preserves
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Roll out pastry sheet on work surface to remove creases, and brush pastry lightly with water.
- Starting at one edge, roll up pastry tightly, jelly roll style. Cut pastry into generous ¼ inch thick rounds.
- Place sugar on plate, press rounds into sugar, and set round on baking sheet, sugar side up, tucking end under.
- Press center of each round with finger to form small hollow, and spoon 1 teaspoon Apricot Preserves into each.
- Sprinkle pastries with additional sugar.
- Bake pastries until golden brown, about 20 minutes, and cool on racks. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead.)