Heat Level: Mild
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tbsp. (packed) light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. Rustlin' Rob's Cherry Butter, divided
- 1 large egg yolk (reserve white for another use)
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup All Purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9" bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of the cherry butter, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Whisk very well to blend.
- Sprinkle the flour, salt, and baking powder evenly over the surface, and stir to combine.
- Spread the batter in the loaf pan, and dollop the remaining tablespoon of cherry butter over the surface gently. Use a knife to swirl in the cherry butter.
- Bake for 19-21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, run a knife along the edge of the pan, and remove the cake. Slice into 4 even pieces and serve.
ADAPTED FROM: Dessert for Two