Heat Level: Medium
Category: Main Dish-Meatless
- 2 small spaghetti squash
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Rustlin' Rob's Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 container GO Veggie! Dairy Free, Vegan Chive & Garlic Cream Cheese
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale (about 2 leaves)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and ribbing. Drizzle the inside of the squash with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the spaghetti squash cut side down on the baking sheet and use a fork to poke holes. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned on the outside, fork tender, but still a litte bit firm. The time will vary depending on the size of your squash. I also find that the timing can vary from squash to squash.
- Remove from the oven and flip the squash so that it’s cut side up. When cool to the touch, use a fork to scrape and fluff the strands from the sides of the squash, leave a border around the edge.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste, cajun seasoning, and paprika; cook 1-2 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Stir in the cream cheese. Once the cheese is melted, add the beans, red bell pepper, and jalapeno. Reduce heat to low and let reduce by 1/4, about 20 minutes. Stir in the kale.
- Remove the strings and stir into the sauce, then ladle the sauce into the center of each squash.
- Serve immediately.
ADAPTED FROM: Healthy Delicious