Category: Dessert Recipe
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 container Rustlin' Rob's Bourbon Pecans
- 2 puff pastry dough sheets, thawed to room temp.
- 1 large egg, beaten
- In 2- quart saucepan, whisk together the heavy whipping cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, corn starch, egg yolks, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in butter, bourbon, and vanilla. Stir in the pecans and let the filling cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- To assemble the pastries, roll out each sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut each sheet into 12 (4-inch) squares. Place 1 heaping scoop of the filling onto the center of each puff pastry square.
- Brush the edges of each square with the beaten egg. Fold the opposite corners together to create a triangle. Dip a fork in flour and use it to press the triangles firmly along the edges to seal.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place the pastries of parchment-lined sheet pans. Brush the tops with the remaining beaten egg. Bake the pastries for 20-25 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.