Heat Level: Mild
Category: Breakfast, Main Dish - Meatless
- 1+¼ cups long grain brown rice
- ½ cup millet
- 1+⅔ cups water
- 1 apple – cored and cut into chunks
- 1 round tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- ⅛ cup Rice Bran or flaxseeds
- ⅓ cup Rustlin’ Rob’s Pumpkin Butter
- Dash of cinnamon
- ½ tbsp aluminum-free baking powder (MIX IN LAST)
- Soak brown rice and millet in water overnight. This begins the germination process, breaks down the phytic acid, and makes the grains easier to blend.
- In the morning, blend all of the ingredients together (except baking powder) until slightly grainy. Add aluminum-free baking powder and mix until smooth, gets thick fast. Bake cakes on a hot griddle or make waffles in a pre-heated waffle iron. Cook approximately 9 minutes.